Friday, November 30, 2007

Our family is very musical. I, unfortunately, thought I was "too cool" for piano lessons at the age of 13 and decided against them. Despite my bad example, three of my siblings have started or continued to take lessons and are constantly blowing me away with their talent. One of them, my 13 year old sister, wrote a song last year that she (unwillingly) played for me. She's shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention. As she started to play her song I started to cry. She honestly has a talent beyond her 13 years, beauty of the song was amazing. Of course she was embarrassed by my tears but I didn't care, I was so proud of her!

Here are some other amazing bits of talent from Etsy. Each one of them captures the beauty and strength of the instrument. Enjoy!



Photolena




Jengs Shop





Cherry Berry Designs

3 comments:

jennifer said...

thank you so much katelyn. It was sorta like that with me, my sister and brother. My brother was the only one that continued and still does actually. That's his violin by the way :)

Stacey said...

Hi
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm in Melbourne, but Brisbane is a lovely city and I am sure your sister will enjoy her stay.
I wish I could play the piano and I'm intensely jealous of anyone that can.

katelynjane said...

Thanks for stopping by guys!!