Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bribes and Baking




Walking the dog (ha! I just typed 'god'...yeah, we walk our god :) every night is hard for me. I guess the walk is nice when we actually get going, but the fact that it interrupts my craft or writing time evvvery siiingle tiiime really gets old. Tonight I told the hubby that if he takes her by himself, I'll make him banana bread. Is that a bribe? Maybe, but it's a safe and innocent one I think. We'll see if it works.



Banana Bread

2 Bananas
3/4 c. of milk
Lemon juice from a whole lemon (if your adventurous, I just used the fake stuff)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (why do we say SHugar when there's no 'h'?)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
A pinch of salt
butter for oiling the pan

*optional: Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp.




Heat the oven to 375. Mix oil, sugars and eggs and lemon juice in separate bowl. In another bowl add flour, salt, bananas, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix the two bowls together. Grease your pans. Bake for 1 hour if you're baking in a bread tin, if you're making muffins, bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

This recipe is different than the one my mom always used, and it's slightly confusing. But they're so yummy!! Great with a cup of tea.

No comments: