Wednesday, November 21, 2007



Charity Elise Designs





Jennifer Rydin Designs



Khermsen Photography


Winter brings mixed feelings for me. Being Canadian and in living in the North, there are few things I appreciate about the cold winters. I love curling up in front of the fire with a book, roasting chestnuts, Christmas and the feeling of family surrounding me around that time. I think that's where it stops (: I do love the crispness of winter. Not so much the crisp air, but the crisp white that covers everything. It makes it all look so clean.

The beauty of Winter, the pictures, the romantic images, is what I appreciate most about winter. Pictures of a thick frost, a deer in deep snow, trees laden with loads of powder, capture the beauty if it all. That I can appreciate. What I can't appreciate is actually being there, freezing my buns off, my camera not working because the batter is too cold, wind blowing through my multiple layers of clothing...

I really do love reading in front of the fireplace though. I've just finished reading the Memory Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams and now I'm moving onto Skystone by Jack Whyte.

What books are you reading in front of the fire this winter?

No comments: