Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Corney?

Every time my husband and I go out to the movies or to rent a movie, we always end up picking an action flick, something about war, or something dramatic (but not sappy). The movies always lean more towards his taste rather than mine. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those types of movies otherwise I wouldn't allow this to happen so frequently. I love The Gladiator, I am Legend...I can't think of any more guy'ish ones, but I do like them. But a girlie movie with my hubby right there to hold me when it gets sad or sappy, would be nice!

Last night we decided it was about time we saw a chick flick. "We" as in "the girls". 27 Dresses was finally showing at our one screen theater (yep, gotta love small towns!) and three of us had the night off.

I don't know if it's me just getting used to the guy type movies, if I'm just getting too old for girlie movies or if it just wasn't that great...but it just wasn't great! It had it's moments, it's laughs, it's awww's, but over all, it was just a corney movie where the two couples end up together in the end and life's just perfect.

Am I getting cynical in my old age?

I'll try not to ruin it for you but: Wouldn't it be funny if movies showed how it would REALLY end up? I mean, if the girl said "I think I'm falling in love with you" and the guy, instead of swooning, says "good grief, it's been a week and we only slept together once...you're already falling in love with me??"

Like I'm one to talk, my husband and I fell in love with each other the first week we knew each other, were engaged within nine months and married three months after that. But I sure had my fair share of dud guys before that and I realize that the situation I had with my now-husband is very rare.

Am I being a hypocrite by rolling my eyes at this movie? Huh. Maybe I am. Crap.

No comments: