Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Promotion and Store Exposure

Do you ever get into that mood where you want to write something profound? I get like that every now and then. Now is one of those times. But there's nothing amazing to write, not yet anyways. Maybe something will come to me in a bit.

Ok, while there's nothing profound to write about there IS something exciting!!

After I posted about the Poppytalk Market the other day, I mentioned it to my husband. The cost of it was a bit of an issue. In the long run, it's a great deal, but at the moment, it's a bit too much for us. I decided to wait for a few months to sign up for the market, to help our bank account out a bit.

We didn't have to coach ball hockey last night (spring break for the kids) so I was cruising on the net and noticed I had received a convo on Etsy. Christy, this amazing artist, had written me asking if I had booked my table for Popptalk yet. She went on to say that we could split the costs and book one together. Brilliant!!

So that's what we're doing. Half the money, double the exposure. I'm so excited!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I'm excited too...I guess this means I'd better get to work eh?

katelynjane said...

Ha! Me too!! I just ordered some new great fabric from ebay, I can't wait till that comes and I can make a couple bags (: Busy bees!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Unknown said...

sorry about that - I was missing some tags in my html and then I just messed it up anyway lol...the link I just posted is for a great article over at DoshDosh about "how to build a powerful reputation on the web in any industry"

Not spamming :-)

katelynjane said...

I just read through that article, what great advice!! Thanks for sending it to me, I'm going to have to bookmark it and look back at it every now and then!

Murray said...

Congrats! I found Poppytalk not too long ago and have been wondering the same thing. It's so hard trying to get your work out there sometimes. Good luck, I'll be looking for you!