Sunday, March 2, 2008

Etsy Wedding Planning!


I've plunged. I've jumped and it's nerve racking but at the same time, it's exciting! As most of you know, my job has been teetering on the brink for a little while. Last week I finally had the conclusive decision from my boss (not that it was a good one, but at least I know what's happening now!) that I would be put on a three month term and a job could not be promised at the end of those three months. As disappointing as it was, this news was also refreshing and made me look at the future of my career.

This brought me to the option of pursuing Wedding Planning. I have always been interested in this but the current job situation allowed me to seriously consider it. Which was cool. Very cool!

I decided to take the first steps of this adventure by listing Wedding Packages on Etsy. These packages are in three stages.

Stage 1 is made up of the more basic options: creative ideas, cost cutting options, room filling, center piece and decor ideas.

Stage 2 is a little deeper. I'll send the buyer helpful links to sites, come up with table decoration ideas suited to their style, ideas for favors and how to spice them up, original guest book ideas, easy to make room decorations and I'll provide lists of options including costs for flowers and center pieces.

Stage 3 is the biggest and most fun (for me!) option (so far! I have bigger dreams and goals coming!). I'll include all of the above info from Stage 1 and 2...but on top of that, I'll make examples of invitations and center pieces. I'll require pictures from the bride of the reception hall (and the church if she's wanting ideas for that as well) so I can give advice as to how to set it up. This option will require the shipment of the invitation and possibly the center pieces examples.

With all of these options I'll evaluate the brides style, budget and colors to come up with the best options for her. I'll provide lists and pictures of ideas. I'll answer any questions she has and give her advice on her different options.

I can't wait to get started on these!! I'm so excited for someone to purchase a package so I can start (: Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: